Monday 18 April 2016

One Among The Misanthropes?!

They tried their might to bring her down. To make her wilt. To destroy her crown.
Many succeeded. Many wanted to see
how they can make her Weep. "Hell thee
stop this," she begged. But none heard.

It was her first day at school. The hostile
looks made her shudder, With a smile
she drank it all in. Not uttering a word
about it. For she knew, none cared.
It was breaking her inside. Deeply.

She looked around in class, And saw
girls in packs of wolves. Eyes so raw
staring right at me. Perhaps through me.
I wondered what made them hate me.
It started destroying her soul.

The girls belonged to the rich but
their hearts, poor as glut. She cut
her eye contact and decided to put
her left over ounce of zeal on that
piece of book in front of her.

The lecture ended almost ten minutes
ago. But she couldn't bear the unlimits
of the gossip girls. Blowing up each
of the pieces left untouched, a screech
that could be heard from within.

The prying eyes followed her everywhere
from the corridors to the library stairs.
Each time she moved a muscle, a giggle
or a tantrum could be heard aloud.
She buried her heart in her sleeve.

It wasn't a new thing to her. For She
faced this brutality since three.
harder and more  it got
as she entered school, the knot
of pain began to break her more.

She looked around her, and suddenly
found a pair of eyes, so heavenly
they looked at me, I was sceptic.
And my esteem, apathetic.
It was very unusual to me.

I turned away. A sense of agony.
I heard a voice, "Hi, I'm Anthony."
I stood Frozen. Wondering why
he's here. I let out a sigh.
He walked around, now eye to eye.

I asked, "What?" It's so rude
I was amazed. Like I'm shrewd.
"I'm new here. And I was lost,
people seem arrogant, and you soft."
His tone made me look at him.

Eyes deep green, subtle beard
fair as a star, he appeared
to have been really lost. For he
looked tensed. While the tree
Behind was deep yellow.

"Could you tell me where is the
way to the Chemistry lab?" He's a
lost guy. Asking for the way. Nothing
more. I assured myself. Brushing
my fear away. I led him to the lab.

I turned to leave, when I felt a
hand on mine. It was his. The
feeling was different. I looked at
him. And for once, I felt safe. Flat
Was my heartbeat. No more antsy.










4 comments: