Friday 28 April 2017

My tail wagging happiness.

I started walking towards him.
It was a dark night, after a long lonely walk, 
I saw the street lights flickering through the 
corner of my eye. I could hear a dog 
or two growl, few feet away from where I stood.
But all I could see is- Him. And the next minute
I realized, I was taking him home.
I know he's not allowed into my home. 
But I still took him into my arms, keeping 
in mind my extreme levels of cynophobia. 

But, surprisingly, I wanted him. Love at first 
sight maybe. I didn't want him to walk away. 
I couldn't stop staring into his eyes.
Those eyes spoke to me. Gleaming,
I smiled. I could feel he did too.
 

When he raised his ears, I could 
feel he wanted me to pet his chin. I didn't care 
about anything anymore. He felt like the most 
important thing to me. And it suddenly hit me. All 
the tears my pillow drank up. It was for someone like him. 

All that melancholy suddenly started to 
fade. I felt wanted, alive. I felt like screaming in 
pure joy. And when he let out a tiny bark,
it echoed, and my heart skipped a beat.
I laughed nervously. And he wagged his tiny 

little tail to my tune of contentedness. 
In my broken life, I've finally found a 
friend, who will know when I cry. He'll
dance around me and cheer me up.
And, soon, he will be my life. 





No comments:

Post a Comment